Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let the fun begin!

Think of your happy place…where does it take you? Is it the smell of farm-stand fresh vegetables as they simmer away on your stove? The crunch of a perfectly fried piece of chicken? The smile on your family's faces as they bite into freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? The taste of something so delicious you break into your own little happy food dance? If you answered yes to any or all of the above, then this is the place for you. Those are just a few of the things this new blog adventure is about for me. 

I have a love affair with food, and yes, my husband is completely aware of my infidelity and he fully supports it....since it tends to lead to delicious home cooked meals night after night. I have no formal culinary training whatsoever and everything i know comes from what I learned while helping my mom in the kitchen growing up and from watching almost every episode of every cooking show on the Food Network. This blog is where I can share my love of cooking and being creative in the kitchen with everyone. My goal is to come up with  healthy, easy and delicious meals for the everyday gal (or guy!) with a focus on creating better-for-you versions of some classic, but unhealthy, favorites.  A huge part of that is finding ways to turn some of my favorite dishes that are typically slathered in cheese, cream or some other magical form of dairy (which my poor dear lactose intolerant husband cannot eat) into satisfying dairy free versions. And since I'm an event planner by profession and simply love entertaining my own family and friends, this blog will see a lot of posts filled with new ideas you can use at your next event whether it be an elaborate party for 100 plus people or an intimate dinner with close friends. I hope you'll join me as I share my creative adventures in the world of cooking and entertaining. Welcome and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! Kaley here. I found your blog through your facebook and I am really looking forward to reading your blog as you progress! I read a bunch of healthy living blogs now and was so excited when I saw that's what you are doing here as well. I am already drooling about the baked black beans and will be trying them out sometime soon! I hope all is well for you. You and Elliot look blissfully happy! Congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete