Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beautiful Items to Brighten any Kitchen

I love to find beautiful and unique items that add some pizzazz to my kitchen, but are still functional enough that I’ll actually use them. Anthropologie has a knack for making the simplest items look like a work of art. Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn are a little more traditional, but still have some great things. Here are some of my current favorites. Many of these would make great hostess gifts or bridal shower gifts! 

Imprinted Palette Egg Caddy
Anthropologie, $24
 This is the perfect way to display luscious deviled eggs at your next summer BBQ. Another bonus? It’s dishwasher safe.

Winking Wisecracker Jar
Anthropologie, $68

There’s just something a little nostalgic about cookie jars to me. This one turns up the volume with its beautiful, yet simple, color combo and attention to detail. I can just see this owl perched on my counter-top, winking at me as a reach in for a treat.

Awning Stripe Table Cloth
Anthropologie, $88-98

I am newly obsessed with table linens and I love the bold red stripes on this cotton table cloth. It just says summer time to me and is casual enough that I can keep it on my table every day and not pull it out just for special occasions.

 Farmers Egg Crate
Anthropologie, $14

Why would you keep your eggs in a boring, non-environmentally friendly styrofoam container when you can keep them in this beautiful turquoise egg crate? Eggs will stay fresh and organized and will make you crack a smile every time you open your fridge.

 Footed Apothecary Jars
Williams Sonoma, $29.95-$39.95

I have always had an obsession with jars. And when I say obsession I mean that I would buy almost every vintage glass jar I see and I put everything in my kitchen, from flour to coffee to spices, in jars. I love these apothecary jars for displaying candies at a party, as a pretty place to keep dog treats fresh or to fill with whatever your heart desires.

Hobnail Tumbler
Anthropologie, $10 each
My 90-year old grandmother has a cabinet full of glasses in this style, except hers are clear, and when I go over to her house I always fill one up to the brim with her delicious ice-cold lemonade. I always loved the vintage look of them and when I saw these, I immediately thought of her. I love the updated version with the turquoise colored glass.

Galvanized Metal Trays
Pottery Barn, $29 each
I love all things galvanized metal and these rustic serving trays are no exception.

Strawberry Rhubarb Apron
Anthropologie, $32

Anthropologie makes the most beautiful kitchen aprons I’ve ever seen. I have 3 of them and am already pining for this adorable coral apron with its ruffled v-neck collar and pleated skirt.

 Regent Dinnerware
Crate and Barrel, $64.95

When I saw this china at Crate and Barrel, I knew it was practically made for me. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors (in case you can’t tell) and the combination of the turquoise band with the gold trim just made me swoon. I chose this as my wedding china and happily display it on an open shelf in my kitchen.

Perky Poppies Dishtowel
Anthropologie, $16
A beautiful dishtowel will brighten any kitchen. I love the bright colors and bold design on this cotton dishtowel from Anthropologie.


2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree, your china was made for you--simple and lovely. Adoring the frequency of posts. Such a happy little distraction during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Anthropologie.

    http://www.onewonderfulthing.com/

    ReplyDelete